The Talbot House Inn is happy to welcome you!
In 1874, James R Talbot had the front portion of our inn built for his 2nd wife by architect J. Tenney. The original front portion of the house, built in 1771 by his grandfather Captain Peter Talbot, was moved up the hill by oxen. The 1771 back section is still attached to the inn.
The Henry family has taken 4 years to lovingly restore this inn. We invite you to explore the many sites in Downeast Maine while staying in the comfort of our historic home.
Feel free to contact us anytime in case you have any questions or concerns.
- Breakfast is included with room rates
- Antique and Gift Shop on the property
- Ironing board, irons & hairdryers available in each room
- Discounts for Military or Groups
- Common area with board games, phonograph, piano, and TV
- Wi-Fi throughout Inn
We are located at the intersection of Highway 1 and Route 191 in beautiful, historical East Machias, ME.
- Business and Cell phone #'s